Sunday, March 18, 2012

Vogue Italia + Franca + Steven =


When the Standard interviewed the jewelery designer Waris Ahluwalia and asked him: 
British Vogue or French Vogue?

Neither? Italian Vogue darling. I am forever a Franca fan.

I feel the same way, though I wish i could read Italian. I've said it before, I love the the teamwork between Franca Sozzani and Steven Meisel, they've created many unique covers that are memorable.
The magazine Interview recently wrote: 

"In the process, she has helped reimagine the medium of the fashion magazine as a kind of cultural lightning rod, and has consistently used both fashion and fashion imagery as a vehicle for tackling social, political, and even environmental issues."

Read the interview with Franca here.


3 comments:

Lidiya said...

I love those covers, Italian Vogue is to me, more of a fashion magazine than the other vogues, less focused on the celebrity <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Din blogg är grym ju!

Christoffer said...

Din blogg är grym ju!