Monday, March 19, 2012

Interview - Carolinas Couture

This is for my readers, so you can get to know me even better.

Where do you live? 
Stockholm

Who's your favorite designer?
I have several, but if I must say one it would be at gunpoint... Prabal Gurung, he's quite new to the industry but he's stolen my heart, with his hot collections.


Favorite piece in your wardrobe?  
I have a pair of incredibly long-lived boots from Rodebjer, which I've walked miles in, everywhere from Antonio Gaudi's Park Guell in Barcelona to Grand Palais in Paris.


Fashionwise, best article you've read in a long time?
A piece about Heidi Slimane in the New Yorker, you must read it here


If you must pick one fashion week which one?
Paris but I'm torn, each season it changes. 

What are you really good at?
I love creating and drawing. I've done so many DIY projects, everything from painting on shoes to a dress out of chocolate wrappers.

Pick three spring "must haves".
A visor,  a dress in a mint nuance and a pair of shoes from Prada (on fire).


Which fashion photographer takes the most breathtaking photos? 
I really love Steven Lyon, I discovered him in Soup magazine. But then there's Inez & Vinoodh, Sundsbo, Meisel, Richardson, Elgort, Jansson...

Favorite spot in Stockholm and Paris? 
In Stockholm hotel Nobis is a sanctuary with its white walls and stunning mosaic celling. In Paris every corner is my favorite spot, but if I must pick one place it's Versaille's gardens. I love to picnick there with strawberries and Champagne.

3 most played songs on your iPod?
M83 - Midnight City
The Black Keys - Tighten Up
Nouvelle Vague  - In a manner of speaking


Are you addicted to something?
Except coffee it might be Purple Diary, I stop by there everyday to see which parties and art exhibitions that are "happening", they also have Purple Television.


Favorite museum?
It's difficult to choose only one, but I love Musée d'Orsay. 


Fashionwise, if you could meet anyone in the world who would it be?
Karl Lagerfeld, I've understood that he's unbelievably knowledgeable within so many areas. You can discuss anything with him...  oh, one can learn so much from that man,  I would cherish every second in his company and discuss everything from Helmut Lang to his Couture creations.

No comments: